Work

Dagger_C

bpr_knife_renderspanish_dagger01

Heres yet another dagger. I do seem to enjoy making these tho. Our game seems to have alot of daggers. Not too much on the concept side to go from, so most of this piece is google art directed. Pieces from different daggers I found online. And the details are from this great website I found that had spanish hilt designs….some crazy cool stuff. Here ya go! Have at it!

http://bibliodyssey.blogspot.com/2009/12/sword-hilt-designs.html

 

The second render is one I’ve been working on in Zbrush. I used three lites, rendered multiple passes using BPR, brought it into Pshop, and used different blending techniques and filters.


Gargoyle

garg A gargoyle I’m working on…no concept art to go from….pretty fun to make. Went between 3ds max and Zbrush alot to create base mesh, and put it all together. The wings and tail will be expensive (lo poly) but I already closed the mouth to save ploy’s, and the area its going in should have room for the extra polys. It is a center piece, so it needs to be nice. Alot of the details may not make it into the game, but it doesnt mean I still dont enjoy adding them 😉


Dagger_b

dagger03crevision of Dagger a


Giant_Statue03

mid_statue
mid_statue_ingame
mid_statue_ingame_wire

Heres the second one I did. As you can tell, I’m mirroring to save on texture space. Did my destruction later in Maya to make it look a little less symmetrical. There wasnt too much in the way of concept for this guy either.


Giant_Statue02

side_statue
side_statue_ingame
side_statue_ingame_w
 

Actually this was my first giant statue. After creation, I found that putting too much rock detail into the mesh was too much. The blend shaders we use to add rock details, and normals were more than enough.


Conquistador Helmet

conquistador_helmet_worn5
conquistador_helmet_worn_lo

Conquistador Helmet. hi poly model from Zbrush. Most of the details were done with hand painted stencils (photoshop), and then I used spotlight to apply the details. The patterns on the brim were done by hand with masks and the layer brush. I made a patina alpha, and masked by cavity, and then applied the patina in between the patterns with a tweak layer brush.


crown_01

crown01
crown02

Heres a Crown for our current game. created the base mesh for the dragon heads in max. Used zsketch for the body of the snake. Update includes a visor. I thought alot of the head pieces from this “mayan” era, had warlike influences.


Dagger_a

dagger_a

Created the base mesh in 3ds max, took it into Z to get all the details.


Giant_Statue01

exit_statue_ingame_wire
exit_statue_ingame
exit_statue

 

Heres one of the many Giant statues from the caverns of our game. Needed to break these up into parts because of our map limitations. Pretty much went out on my own on this one. The shape , designs, etc were of my own creation. The pose was something already there, but I made some tweaks.


truck wire

wire
53_gmc_truck_c


Gargoyle 7

garg7a

garg7_ingame

garg7_wireHere’s another Gargoyle I did for Uncharted: Golden Abyss. No symmetry for this one  🙁 Going to make it a bit harder to retopo.


Quiveran Wall

wall1


Dragon_Gargoyle

garg2_final
garg_final_render_stone1

This piece took about 2 days. (still haven’t done the lo poly yet, that’ll really suck for this one!) I had some concept, but deviated away from it a bit. The dragon needed a bit more of a sinister look, and more of a bloated belly. The head was pretty fun to do. Once again, the body was a loft in max with mapping applied and then the piece was exported to Z and the texture re applied and used for masking purposes.

The second one is a banged up stone version with a base. Tweaked the material I was using for my BPR maps, and got way better AO and shadow maps. Also fixed the shoulders a bit to make them look more integrated.


1953 GMC

53_chevy3

It was a nice change switching up and being able to do some hard surface organics. Auto’s have to be one of the trickier things I have had to make. Some of the older ones, have some great shapes.Used 3ds max alot on this one. I only made half of it, as I am trying to conserve on texture space. This truck has been used in the jungle alot, for survey’s and such. Fully textured in ZB, then ripped the maps in Xnormal.


Garg8_the eagle has landed

garg8_render
garg8_ingame1
garg8_wire1


Snakehead2

snakehead2_render
snakehead2_wire
snakehead2_ingame

Sigh… well my demo copy of keyshot expired. Well not really, my PC died, and its tied to the processor so…back to zbrush renders! 😛 Heres a snakehead exit/entrance. I cut some of the details into it as the player is getting much closer to this prop.


New Wall

wall2
wall2_wire

Well its geting near the end of the project, and as a result my renders are suffering from a lack of attention. Not that they were all that to begin with. Another wall with a door, late substitution into the game.


Mouth_statue

mouth_statue


Head_entrance

q_statue_01
q_statue_01_wire


Throne

throne

Heres a Zbrush throne. In game theres a guy sitting in it. Included the diffuse map as well.


Xochipilli – God of Flowers

idolr
idol_in_game
idol_wire

More Zbrush goodness. This dude is the mayan god of flowers. Tweaked an in house shader in maya for the gold on the last one…


Garg_03

garg3
garg3_ingame
garg3_wire


Gravesite_wall relief

wall_relief_hi
wall_relief_lo
wall_relief_lo_wire


Ring01

mayan_ring01

Used alot of extract techniques on this ring. Also messed with snake hook a bit.